“The degree of flexibility and musicianship is truly outstanding. One forgets the ages of these young performers and is simply transported to the musical world.”
–Leonard Slatkin, Former Music Director, National Symphony Orchestra
TREBLE CHORUS is the beginning level choral ensemble for children approximately 9-13. Singers at this level have demonstrated an ability to match pitch and maintain their part in singing a two-part round. In this ensemble, young singers improve their unison singing skills and begin to sing two-part and three-part songs. Note reading, basic score reading, and basic vocal technique will also be developed. The choristers perform at a few concerts during the year. *We provide Treble Chorus students with Musicianship Class to supplement their learning for an additional cost of $50 for the entire season.
Tuition: Treble Chorus is $1,025 for entire season
BEL CANTO CHORUS
BEL CANTO CHORUS from the Italian for “beautiful singing” or “beautiful voices,” is an intermediate ensemble to meet the music education needs of students who have had some singing experience and are ready to continue their musical development by experiencing more challenging repertoire, more advanced sight-singing and music reading materials with additional performance opportunities. This ensemble performs at concerts during the year.
Tuition: Bel Canto Chorus is $1,325 for entire season
CONCERT CHORUS is the advanced level choral ensemble made up of singers who have established good vocal technique, are excellent sight-readers, and can sing independently in parts. Basic music theory, history and appreciation will be developed at this level. this ensemble performs at least four to six concerts a year. This ensemble performs frequently with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center or Music Center at Strathmore and with the many adult choral organizations in the area and participates in national and international tours every 2 to 3 years.
Tuition: Concert Chorus is $1,375 for entire season
YOUNG MEN’S ENSEMBLE
YOUNG MEN’S ENSEMBLE is our ensemble for young men with changed voices. The music repertoire for this ensemble is designed for changed voices, and will empower the singers in their new vocal range.
Tuition: Young Men’s Ensemble is $1,000 for entire season
TUITION DETAILS, DISCOUNT and SCHOLARSHIP
- Tuition covers high caliber musical instruction and vocal training, music materials, supplies and activities, conductor’s and accompanist’s fees, and other chorus expenses. It does not cover uniforms, transportation or certain social activities.
- Sibling Discounts are granted when more than one child in the same family is in one of the performance ensembles (discount does not apply to PREP CLASS students).
- Scholarships are available to those who demonstrate financial needs (except for PREP CLASS students). Click here for scholarship application.
OTHER CHORUS EXPENSES
- Uniforms: Choristers are responsible for buying their own concert uniforms as specified on the Uniform Infosheet sent with the registration form. This includes a formal concert uniform, rehearsal polo shirt, and any other required uniform items necessary in each concert season. Choristers are also responsible for buying all tour uniform items.
- Concert Tickets: It is expected that each chorus family will attend our own Holiday Concert and Spring Concert each season, and families are encouraged to sell additional tickets to family, friends and others interested in the art of children’s singing.
- Other Expenses: Tours are charged separately from other expenses.